The Cardiovascular Centre was established in 1967 and since then, guarantees to the resident population of Trieste and its surroundings, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
The Cardiovascular Centre is part of the Health Authority N°1. The Cardiovascular Centre is also placed within the “Department of Cardiology of Area Vasta” which includes all the cardiology services based in the University Hospital of Trieste and in the Hospitals of Gorizia and Monfalcone. The Cardiovascular Centre is based in the Maggiore Hospital in Trieste and is close to the city centre.
The medical team is composed by ten cardiologist consultants led by Dr. Andrea Di Lenarda, (FESC) and the nursing team is led by Donatella Radini. Nurses are based within clinical areas and with particular groups of patients.
The Cardiovascular Centre is centre for the Specialty Training Program in Cardiology, Geriatric Medicine and in Sport Medicine.
Areas of clinical practice
- Outpatients clinics dedicated to ischemic heart disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, anticoagulant therapy, sport medicine and adult congenital heart disease.
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Exercise ECG
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test
- Transthoracic and Transesophageal 2D/3D echocardiography
- Dobutamine/Exercise Stress echocardiography
- Arterial and veins Echo Colour Doppler
- Nurse specialist in heart failure - anticoagulant therapy - adult congenital heart disease
Areas of research
- Our research is in partnership with the University of Trieste, the Italian Federation of Cardiologist and Associazione Nazionale Medici Cardiologi Ospedalieri (ANMCO). “The Cardiovascular Registry of the Province of Trieste” has been recently set up. We actively contribute to the Heart Muscle Disease Registry (in cooperation with Cardiovascular Department of University Hospital of Trieste). Since 2008, more than 50 papers has been published in peer-reviewed national and international journals.
- The Cardiovascular Centre is the coordinator centre of “Smart Care Project” joining up ICT and service processes for quality integrated care in Europe (grant agreement no: 3251589 within the “ICT-Policy Support Programme of the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP)”.
Aims and objectives
- The promotion of cardiovascular health through education to healthier lifestyles for the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- The clinical and instrumental diagnosis and early care of cardiovascular disease with the highest standards
- To provide efficient and effective services, affordable and desirable to patients
- The promotion cardiac patient education, called for an active and responsible role in the management of his condition
The hours of operation of the Cardiovascular Centre are
Monday to Friday 8.00 am until 8.00 pm
Telephone: +39 040 3992902
You can also write to us at:
Azienda per I Servizi Sanitari N°1 "Triestina"
Via Slataper, 9 - Ospedale Maggiore - 34134 Trieste (Italy)